Pages

Thursday 30 October 2014

Essential kit

For me, essential kit in our flat is a cosy fleece to lounge about in. This really isn't a hugely interesting garment (or post!) but it is one of those essential makes that are sooooo practical and essential. Yes I made another fleece but this one is navy. The other one I made was black and it's been washed and worn so many times already that I had to tackle another one.

 For some inexplicable reason, despite cursing, this photo will just not sit the correct way. Oh well, you get the idea and it could be my cunning way of making this post more interesting.

I bought some normal fleece, an open ended heavyweight zip and that was that. I used the same pattern as I did for the black fleece, added 2" to the body length but nothing extra to the sleeves. It is at this point that I have to confess something. Again. With the black fleece I had a gap between the top of the zip and the top of the collar. Well, dear reader, I inadvertently did the opposite with this fleece and have a beautifully inserted zip at the top of the collar and a gap at the bottom of the zip!?! How! But at least I can easily sort this out and take up a new hem. I'm sure I bought the correct length of zip allowing for an additional 2" which I knew I'd add on.


There you go, though, I'm probably destined never to become a professional fleece-maker! The world's loss...

On to the next project which I cut out last weekend and started sewing...lined wool trousers. I'll be blogging about the sometime in the future, hopefully not listing a load of mistakes illustrated by dodgy photos!

I also want to buy some more of that lovely bamboo fabric for some more tops so they'll be appearing soon too.


No comments:

Post a Comment